The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's Degree with progressive higher education responsibilities, leadership experience in enrollment/admissions, and sophisticated understanding of enrollment strategies, market research, social media, admissions, financial aid, and student information systems. A Master's Degree is preferred. Analytical ability as well as as excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with faculty, students, alumni, and administrators across the entire university community are critical traits. An in-depth understanding of both undergraduate and graduate admissions and enrollment is preferred. In addition, the candidate must:
1. A history of enthusiastically embracing the value and mission of a historically black land grant institution.
2.Demonstrate success in working with academic administration, faculty committees and governance groups, and student leadership organizations and a strong background in program and policy development and implementation.
3.Exhibit exceptional team building and leadership skills and the ability to build consensus and collaborative relationships campus-wide that support the achievement of new and returning student enrollment goals.
4. A collegiate, friendly, flexible and collaborative approach to student development, leadership and campus culture. Provide a strong commitment to the advancement of student and staff diversity, staff professional development and training.
5.Demonstrate an active knowledge of marketing services and research , prospect management, electronic marketing, promotion, events, and the evaluation/tracking of outcomes necessary for the division.
6. Knowledge of regulatory and professional and ethical guidelines in enrollment management and financial aid to ensure compliance with college, state, federal, and other outside agency rules and regulations.
7. A commitment to shared governance and sensitivity, fairness, compassion, empathy, objectivity, and transparency in decision-making.
8. Excellent communication, strategic planning, assessment skills and ability to build and manage budgets and use financial resources wisely.
9. A demonstrated passion for students focusing on their well-being, development and learning, and a personal track record of continuous learning to stay current on new ideas and technologies relevant to the position.
10. A desire to work in a complex environment that values both data-driven decision making and innovation. Demonstrated ability to understand, evaluate, analyze, interpret, and effectively communicate information on various topics from diverse sources, and to use data and information effectively in planning and decision making.
11. Working knowledge of PC and mainframe based information systems and customer relations management (CRM) programs.
To apply submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, names and emails of three (3) professional references and completed Southern University Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University and A& M College is an equal opportunity employer.